Monday, July 22, 2013

Travel Journal 13-009: Matabungkay Beach

I'm on the way home from the office, when I received an invitation from my cousin who is residing in Tagaytay. She will be celebrating her birthday at a beach in Matabungkay, Lian, Batangas. She said it will be just a whole day affair for the coming Saturday thus, I have nothing to worry if I have an appointment or a date in Sunday. This made me say "yes I will come" so easily.

When I arrived home, I found out that my mother and my siblings are already preparing for it excitedly. Aha! My budget is in danger! :p. Fortunately(I won't be paying their fares hahaha), they decided that they will be spending their Friday night at our Grandmother's house in Indang, Cavite since the call time in Tagaytay is too early.

The Friday has came, I arrived late at home as usual. My mother and my siblings are already gone for the two-hour ride to Indang, Cavite. I prepared my stuff and set my phone's alarm at 3 hours earlier for the call time, budgeting 1 hour for preparation and stuff rechecking plus two hour trip. Unfortunately, my tired body didn't responded much in the alarm, instead, I woke up an hour before the call time. Oh no!! For a moment, it took me sometime to decide, whether I will just head straight to Lian, which I am not familiar yet or just stay at home. No, I gave a word, so I will come. I sent a message to my mom and my cousin telling them that I will just follow them. I then hastily did my preparations and left the house within half an hour.

 As I rode a jeepney going to Sta. Rosa Complex, I was recalling the picture of the Google map when I was scanning the said for a round trip before. As I remember, Lian is somewhere southwest from Calamba, between Nasugbu and Lemery, Batangas. And I was right, my cousin told me to take a bus going to Nasugbu where I can take another ride for Lian.

As I arrived at the Sta. Rosa Complex, I saw a van bound to Lemery. I asked the driver if his route includes Nasugbu, but he asked me back where I am heading. Knowing my destination, he then suggested me to take his ride and he will be dropping me at Lian Public Market where I can take a bus going to Matabungkay. And, I did.


I arrived in Lian approximately two and half hours from Sta. Rosa Complex. From there, I asked the locals where I can ride a bus going to Matabungkay since it is the tip of the van driver. They discouraged me to take a bus instead, the locals suggested me to have a short walk to the Public market where a jeep terminal is located. They said that if I took a bus, I will just drop me at the intersection going to Matabungkay, and I still have to take a tricycle. But, if a take a jeep in the market terminal, I will drop me exactly to the front of the resort I was looking for. This made me decide to follow them. I reached the market and rode a jeep where almost all of the passengers know each other. Yeah! A province thing, a close-tie for all neighbors.

As the jeep leaves, my mom and cousins are already worried if I were able to navigate the place. Fortunately, the answer is yes. I was able to navigate, without a sweat haha!

Then, it's feast! The long travel hungers me. And it's revenge! Time to celebrate my cousins birthday. Swim, swim, eat and swim!

It's past dawn when we left the resort. We rode two chartered jeeps on going back to Tagaytay. My family have decided to take the one who's driver is living in Indang, Cavite. But seems that my luck runs out that night. The jeep we took got a problem. The driver said, the filter ( I dunno, I am very bad at auto mechs), which cause us travel in a very slow pace. In fact, in steep roads, the jeep's engine has a tendency to shutdown. 

We arrived in Tagaytay at almost 10, making me decide to spend my night in our grandmother's place in Indang.

See Photos in Facebook

BUDGET CHECK (As of May 2013)

^^Pls take note that this budget is based from my original destination, as this time, I have no idea of how much will be the fare if coming from Mega Manila.

*Fare at Van from Sta. Rosa to Lian Php 150.00, Fare jeep to Matabungkay Php 28.00.
*Resort entrance/cottage/food-around Php 2,000.00-9,000.00 per group

Total (Average price): Php 5,000.00

No comments:

Post a Comment