Friday, May 17, 2013

Travel Journal 13-006: Boracay Island

Summer is about to come when my company announced the plan to have a summer outing for it's staff, which created much excitement. No doubt it will create, as the proposed venue is none other than the Philippines' most popular island, the Boracay Island.

As the date closes, the excitement increases in each and every staff. Until the day before the scheduled departure date came. Cramming, many of us have decided to drop by the nearby mall in our office to have a li'l shopping of things we might need in the upcoming event. From the swimming trunks, to the toiletries, and even up to sandals, but none of them I am able to purchase except for the toiletries.

The departure day came. I packed my things good for 3 days, but it seems that I over-budgeted my clothes as I forgot that we will be having free shirts as the intended summer outing was packed with a partial activities of the forthcoming team-building. Soon, the staff left their stations, packed their stuff and hang their work beside the door (It will never happen, I know :p). Boracay, he we come!

The travel occurred in late afternoon after office hours one Thursday in March, thus our bus reached Batangas Pier at dark of the night (Yes, we have planned for a sea travel, but booked an air going back).  The cruise left after an hour of our arrival, some minutes after our hyper-undecided-happy-excited-firsttimenervousness-energy(haha) have subsided. Admittedly, I'm a bit nervous since it's my first time crossing a sea, worrying that I might get seasickness throughout the travel period . Although I have experiences of Island hoping, it won't last for more than a 4 hours in total. Also, even-though that the same company had me experienced to ride a training ship for 2 days and 1 night for team building purpose, still the said ship just stayed in Manila Bay anchorage some kilometers near the Roxas Blvd. Good thing it's sleeping time that I don't have to mind much the seasickness just by taking a proper nap. Luckily, I survived the travel as the Captain announced that we have arrived the Caticlan Port. From there, we rode a fastcraft heading to the very island of Boracay where multicabs have picked us up and dropped on our booked hotel.

It was pouring when we arrived, thus I'm a little bit worried with my cam. Luckily, the rain stopped and me and my office got a chance to take pictures and have a walk to the Philippines' most popular island called Boracay Island. Next thing we knew, we are back at hotel in time for an  activity comprised in our team-building.

The activity was quite fun! At first, we were subdivided into 3 groups, Red, Green and Yellow. I was placed in the Red. Then, we were asked to create a name and chance for our team. And the fun and comedy moments begun. It lasted until almost dusk, making all us so tired (Not to mention that the last challenge was the hardest) and me, to miss the chance to take pictures of the wonderful sunset we've witnessed, instead,  we just enjoyed watching same while having a dip. Then it's dinner time.

On the second day morning, we had our island hopping and snorkeling. Although weather is scourging hot at Boracay and waves at some location are very much wild, we still enjoyed the morning. We also had a small stop at Shangrila were we continued the activities for the team-building. From then, we head back to the hotel for lunch. Then its free time, where I have decided then to join the swimming group. We, took plunge for some time until the scheduled plan for the next activity came.

The said activity was quite thrilling and a challenge, as we were all blindfolded and asked to line. One has to depend on someone in-front of him/her by pulling the shirt of the one in-front. We unknowingly, had circled a big rock-island in Station 1 with the assist of the game master and spouses of some staff. Some got scratches including myself, but nevertheless, we  enjoyed the challenge.  After that, we headed to the Paluto where some of the staff's spouses have already organized our dinner. Then it's war! LOL. Seems that all were hungry as there's almost no sound but the sound of the spoons and forks baging the plates. Then, after the nice dinner, we had our shopping time. "Money burn" as me and my mountaineering buddies call it, but it's is nothing of a concern since it is for my loveones.

The last day came, we had to the helmet diving then head back. Some have rode the Banana boat, but my energy and mood have already subsided making me decide to take a nap. Then, it's bye-bye time for us. We headed back to Caticlan port of same transportation we used upon our arrival there. From the port, we rode a bus that took 2 hours of travel to the Kalibo Airport, where we rode a plane. Then, vacation is over!

See photo in Facebook

BUDGET CHECK

Well, this factor varies. There are lots of travel package for Boracay offered by different discount companies, but I suggest you compare it first with the possible D-I-Y expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment